Understanding Your Checklist
Your personalized checklist in your My.UCMerced.edu account is full of helpful information. The following will help you better understand this resource.
These are individual items that are required for you to complete. Items that are a hyperlink will take you directly to more information. In some instances, the hyperlink may take you directly to the form you need to complete or go to a page with instructions.
The status column will display your current progress towards completing this item. Statuses you may see will be one of the following:
Most common statuses:
- Unsatisfied – this item has not been completed, most checklist items begin at this status.
- Parent Signature Required – your parent’s signature is required on this document. Typically, this status is used for financial aid items. An email is sent to the parent email address indicated on the form submitted.
- Not Authorized - this means you have said “no” to the question asked by this checklist item.
- Authorized – this means you have said “yes” to the question asked by this checklist item.
- Reviewed – this item has been submitted and has been reviewed, no further action is needed. This status is usually used for appeals or other types of requests made by the student. An email is sent informing the student of the approval if you are a current UC Merced student you should check your UC Merced email. If you are a newly admitted UC Merced student you should check the email address you listed on the FAFSA or CA Dream App.
- Complete – this item is complete and requires no further action.
- Incomplete – this item has been submitted and reviewed but is missing something. Most offices will send you an email letting you know what was missing if you are a current UC Merced student you should check your UC Merced email. If you are a newly admitted UC Merced student you should check the email address you listed on your financial aid application, FAFSA or CA Dream App.
- Pending – this item has been submitted online, is currently processed, or is waiting to be reviewed. No further action is needed at this time.
- Under Review – this item has been submitted and is currently being reviewed by the office that has requested it. The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships uses this status for appeals that require a committee to review the item.
- Received, not yet reviewed – this item has been submitted but the office that has requested it has not yet had a chance to look at the document. Please allow at least 7-10 business days for this status to update.
- Note: If this is listed next to your “Graduation Application,” the status will need additional time to update.
- Note: during peak times this review process may take up to 10 business days.
- Note: If you are a newly admitted student, and this status is displaying next to transcripts or test scores, the status will not update until closer to your Orientation date (mid-August at the latest).
Other statuses that could appear:
- Reviewed, Will not Graduate – if you have applied to graduate and your application is denied this status will appear. You will receive an email, in your UC Merced email account, with additional information.
- Complete, Resident/Non-Res – if you have completed a Statement of Legal Residence this status will appear and will tell you if you are considered a California Resident (for tuition purposes).
- Complete, Resident = You are considered a California resident for tuition purposes only.
- Complete, Non-Resident = You are considered a non-resident for tuition purposes only and will be required to pay the Non-resident supplemental tuition fee
- Waived – this item is no longer required for you to complete.
- Student Opt Out Verification – a student has chosen to no longer participate in the verification process.
- Tax Transcript Required (Fin Aid use only) – a tax transcript is an item that may be required when going through the financial aid verification process.
- Tax Data Linked from IRS (Fin Aid use only) – tax data can be linked via your FAFSA application using the IRS Data Retrieval tool.
- Survey Declined – the survey has been declined.
- Summer App. In Process - a summer financial aid application has been submitted and is being reviewed.
- Awaiting Approval – this status is used for summer financial aid applications only. If a UC Merced student is attending another UC for the summer term and has applied for financial aid, we are required to verify enrollment with the host campus. The summer financial aid application will display in this status while we are waiting to hear back from the host campus.
- Summer App. Processed – a summer financial aid application has been submitted and has been processed. To learn more about the summer financial aid process visit: http://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/summer
- Contact Direct Loans (Fin Aid use only) – please contact Direct Loans if this item appears on your checklist and if you have questions.
Submit Online –
Checklist items that have this option do not need to be submitted in-person. By clicking on this item, you will be taken to a page that has information about using this functionality. Note – not all checklist items have this capability.
This is the office that is requesting the checklist item. If you have questions about a specific item you should contact the office listed in this column. For details on how to contact each office, click on the corresponding hyperlink:
- Financial Aid
- Health Services
Academic Year –
This is the year associated with the requirement. Typically, you will see one academic year, however, sometimes students may be going through financial aid verification for two terms. In this instance, there may be similar items but they are for separate years. Make sure you are clicking on the requirement so you understand exactly what item is being requested and to ensure you do not miss anything.
The deadline listed is when the checklist item must be submitted. Missing stated deadlines can result in negative consequences.
Other features in your checklist -
Completed items – once your checklist items are complete they will move to this section of your checklist so you can focus on the items that still require your attention.
Legend – this section provides a summary of the statuses that are associated with the icons on your checklist.
If you have any additional questions please contact us.