The Students First Center provides notary services for UC Merced students, staff, and faculty for University-related business. SFC will not charge for these services. All personal business will be directed to local notary publics.
Appointments are required and at least 24 hours notice is required. Appointments are made by e-mailing the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
A notarization requires the presence of each signer or oath-taker with valid ID that is current or issued within the last five years. Acceptable forms of ID include:
-California driver’s license
-California State ID (issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles)
-Driver’s license or ID card issued by another U.S. state
-Foreign passport stamped by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
-Mexican or Canadian driver’s license
-U.S. Military I.D.
Please note the following guidelines when using these services:
1. Ensure documents have notarial wording or you know what type of notarization you require. The notary is unable to advise what is needed.
2. The notary will be unable to draft documents or provide the documents to be notarized.
3. The unsigned document must be complete with pertinent information, or it cannot be notarized. Do not sign the document until your notary appointment.
4. No photocopies of the documents will be made or provided.
5. SFC Notaries Public do not notarize apostilles. The Secretary of State of California provides apostilles or certifications for documents to be used outside the United States. If you need an apostille for a foreign country or institution, please review the California Secretary of State website for instructions at www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/authentication.htm.